Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Multi-Variate Assignment


For my multi-variate assignment I chose to look at the top halloween costumes of 2010. They were; Lady Gaga, Snooki, and Avatar. Since mostly women would be dressing up as Lady Gaga of Snooki I chose to ask only girls what they were for Halloween. I compared girls in high school, girls in college, and girls out of college. Since some girls did not dress up as Lady Gaga, Snooki, or Avatar I also added another group for people who were "other". I sent out a facebook message to 30 girls I knew in each category, I then recorded all of the data I found in the table.


After I made the table showing the information that I found, I put everything into bar graph. By using the bar graph its easier to see trends in the data. As you can see in high school most of the girls were Snooki the runner up was Lady Gaga, then Avatar then "other". In college most girls were Lady Gaga, then Snooki, then Avatar then "other". Lastly for girls out of college I found that most of them were dressed as Avatar, then Lady Gaga, then Snooki, and then "other". The reasons for the different costumes for different age groups has to do with what the girls do. In high school a lot of girls watch MTV and Jersey Shore and is one of the most popular shows on MTV right now, Snooki is a character on the show Jersey Shore. In college girls are always trying to dress more scandalous than other girls and Lady Gaga is known for her scandalous outfits. Lastly girls out of college are trying not to be scandalous anymore so they would not dress like Lady Gaga or Snooki, so they mostly dressed as Avatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment